Change of Address Information
Many organizations will need to know of your change of address. The following is a checklist of who you may need to contact with regard to your move.
|• Clubs and Organizations
• Insurance Companies
Electricity and Water:
16 Graham St. P.O. Box 1598
Business number: (519) 537-3488
Website: www.hydroone.com email: email@example.com
You will need to report your present and future addresses and the moving date to the PUC. They prefer you make these changes in person between the hours of 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday. You will be required to supply photo-identification.
109 Commissioners Rd.
Business number: 888-774-3111
Call the Union Gas office at the number above. They will ask for your present address, the address that you will be moving to, and the date of your move. After entering this information into their system they will make arrangements for their local representative to read your gas meter on the day of your move.
Home Phone Service:
Bell Canada Customer Service Center
P.O. Box 920, Station A
Business number: 310-Bell (310-2355)
Call Bell at the number above anytime between 8 AM and 8 PM from Monday to Friday, or between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM on Saturday. They will request your phone number, your present address, and the address that you are moving to. There is a minimum charge of $50.00 to move your phone service. If you need phone jacks installed or any other additional services from Bell, they can advise you of the cost. If you are receiving a new phone number, Bell can have a message placed on your old number notifying callers of your new number (Free).
For your convenience Bell has a “Move Notice” form you can fill out online and submit to their office. They will send you an email with confirmation of your order along with any additional charges above their $50.00 minimum. You can find the form at www.bell.ca/support/PrsCSrvGnl_Moving_Centre.page
Bell Wireless: www.bell.ca (Wireless Option, Support) or phone 1-800-667-0123
1-800-558-2273 Website: Telus Account Management
5Fido: www.fido.ca or 1-888-481-FIDO (3436)
If furnace oil or propane fuels your residence you will need to cancel or change your delivery address with that company. In most cases the fuel company that delivers your fuel will take a measurement of your tank so that you are not paying for fuel you will not be using.
Ministry of Health:
Before your move date you will need to file your change of address with the Ministry of Health so that your health card is up to date. Failure to notify the Ministry may affect your health coverage.
Online change of address using ServiceOntario website: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/ohip/address.html
Ministries Kiosk machines.
Below is a list of the closest locations:
1680 Richmond St. S.
White Oaks Mall
1105 Wellington Street
Westmount Shopping Centre
785 Wonderland Rd. S.
355 Hespler Road
2960 Kingsway Drive
Waterloo Town Centre
75 King Street, S.
NOTE: In order to use these machines properly you will need to have the health cards of all family members moving.
Doctor & Specialists:
Even on a local move it is best to contact your doctor so that he can update his file. You will also need to change your address with the Ministry of Health so that your health card is accurate.
Contact your dentist office so that they can update your file. This is very important if you are changing your phone number.
Drivers License and Automobile Registration:
To change your address on your driver’s license and ownership, visit the Ministry of Transportation office closest to you. You will need to bring your license and ownership into one of the offices listed below and they will make the necessary changes. There is no cost for this service.
Online change of address using ServiceOntario website: http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_for_residents/index.htm
For your convenience the Ministry Offices are listed below:
925 Dundas St. #3
Business hours: Monday to Friday 9-5:00
37 King Street West
Business hours: Monday to Friday 9-5:00 (Closed between 12-1:00 for the lunch hour) 107 Concession Street East
Business hours: Monday to Friday 8:15-4:30 (closed between 11:30-12:30 for lunch)
34-B Main Street West
Business hours: Monday to Friday 9-6:00 and Saturday 9-3:00
Change of Address with Canada Post:
By Phone: 1-866-607-6301
Outside Canada: (416) 979-8822 Canada Post supplies an online service for changing your address. Visit them at www.canadapost.ca (click on English or French option, go to Change my address and follow prompts)
Below are a few of the magazines that you may presently receive along with contact information to let them know of your new address.
• Sports Illustrated: 1-888-806-4833 Website: www.sicustomerservice.com
• Reader’s Digest: 1-800-310-6261 or 1-866-236-7789 Website: Reader’s Digest Customer Care
• National Geographic: 1-800-647-5463 Website: www.nationalgeographic.com/community/service.html (customer service link)
• Macleans: 1-800-268-9119 or (416) 764-1300 Website: www.macleans.ca (subscriber services, Renew)
• Mens Health: 1-800-666-2303 Website: www.menshealth.com (Help, manage your subscription)
• Chatelaine: 1-800-268-6812 or (905) 946-0084 (Toronto) Website: www.chatelaine.com (Subscriptions) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Time Magazine: 1-800-843-8463 Website: www.time.com/customerservice
• Flare: 1-800-268-6823 or (905) 946-0084 (Toronto) Website: www.flare.com (Customer service)
• Canadian Business: 1-800-465-0700 Website: www.canadianbusiness.com
• Today’s Parent 1-800-567-8697 or( 905) 946-1914 (Toronto) Website: www.todaysparent.com (Customer service)
• Woodstock Sentinel Review: (519) 537-2341 or FAX: (519) 537-3049 Website: www.woodstocksentinelreview.com
• Norwich Gazette: (519) 863-2262 or FAX: (519) 863-3229 Website: www.norwichgazette.com
• Tillsonburg News: (519) 688-6397 or FAX: (519) 842-3511 Website: www.tillsonburgnews.com
• London Free Press: 1-800-265-4100 or Fax (519) 667-4503 Website: www.lfpress.com E-mail: email@example.com
• Toronto Star: 1-800-268-9213 or (416) 367-4500 Website: www.thestar.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Toronto Sun: 1-800-668-0786 or (416) 947-2111 Website: www.torontosun.com (services) E-mail: email@example.com
• The Globe and Mail: 1-800-387-5400 or (416) 585-5000 or Fax: (416) 585-5102 Website: www.globeandmail.com (customer care) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Financial Post: 1-800-387-9011 or (416) 947-3200 or Fax: (416) 350-6601 Website: www.financialpost.com (subscription service) Email: Custserv@nationalpost.com 1-800-668-7678
Clubs and Organizations
It is best to notify the clubs and organizations that you are involved in so that they can make the necessary changes to their membership role. Some of the organizations that you may need to contact are listed below:
• Beavers, Scouts, Brownies, etc.
• Book, Tape or CD club
• Chamber of Commerce
• Library Fraternal Financial
• Credit Cards
• Mutual Fund Companies
• Trust Companies
You must contact all of the Insurance Companies that you have a policy with to notify them of your address change. In some cases you may need to fill out a form to verify the information but in most cases a phone call will do. Remember to notify your Home Insurance Company in plenty of time before your move as you will likely need to give the Bank or Trust Company the policy number and information to finalize your mortgage agreement. Below is a checklist of the various Insurance Companies you may need to call.
• Group Health
We have done our best to help you with the various places you will need to call. Be sure to double check that you have notified everyone. A good way to double check is by noting the address your mail has been sent to after your move. With notifying Canada Post, they will re-route your mail to your new address if the person sending it has put your old address on it. When you notice this, you can write the sender a little note or send along one of your change of address cards you received in your change of address package from Canada Post.